Benefits of Crack Sealing
- Saves You Money – For pennies on the dollar, you can avoid costly asphalt replacement with crack sealing performed by professionals. The cost of replacement can be 20 – 30 times more expensive than a single maintenance procedure.
- Prolongs Pavement Life – Routine Maintenance (proper crack sealing and sealcoating) can double the life of your asphalt. Crack sealing is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT STEP you can take to prolong the life of your asphalt.
- Slows Oxidation – Left untreated, cracks allow water into and beneath the base which leads to pavement failure. Water is the number one enemy of asphalt.
- Prevents Water Penetration – Weather-proofing agents repel water – the number one enemy of asphalt. Asphalt is naturally porous; left unsealed, water will pentrate through the pores and cracks and disturb the base – eventually leading to failure of the pavement.
- Improves Appearance – First impressions of your home or place of business are greatly enhanced with a deep, rich, satiny black finish.
Hot Rubber Crack Sealing
Dm4 sealcoating use the high quality rubberized crack sealer is heated to a liquid, at 400 degrees, and poured into structural cracks. The hot rubber is scraped out by hand and allowed to cool, sealing the crack and protecting it from water penetration and freeze/thaw damage. The specialized rubber remains pliable in harsh winter temperatures, resisting splitting and further degradation.
There are no viable do-ityourself options for high quality crack filler. The ‘joint’ is the gap that develops between the asphalt and adjacent concrete and is very susceptible to water damage.